(Real World Fiction) Trinidad and Tobago

RWF...


web widgets

Tuesday 21 February 2023

MM40



 

 

Fantastic MM

*We cannot become what we want by remaining what we are*(-Max Depree)

 

F

or the first time I felt guilty leaving a fete…not just a fete but… Machel 40 “One Show” ....walking out the Hasley Crawford Stadium …you can hear (Machel) from within the stadium…on the stage through amplified speakers.

 

As his voice echoed saying “Allyuh Want To Fete” and boom… he suddenly introduced Trinidad killa and Yung Bredda after 4am…just a fantastic execution to say the least.

 

From the screams .... you surely knew they "crowd" erupted with pure excitement and energy you can just feel it... as he opt the tempo…all this commotion whilst making my way pass Alexandra Medical Complex... it was hard...the longest walk ever... my 40+ self felt grayish... (tired) πŸ˜…


Something telling me come....something telling go back in the stadium and capture this moment… I even wanted to punch myself in the face…but instead I can start by saying this…

M

achel 40 “One Show” gave Carnival back to me after 2 years.... all over again in a time where Soca giants roam our land …a time where Machel Montano performed at every fete imaginable with performances edged in the vortex of my Carnival memory to having "One Show".

 

This is why I felt guilty…this is why I knew this is Carnival history and history in the making.

 

#CarnivalMoment

#MM40

#OneShow

#LongLiveSoca

 

 

 

 





































Trinidad: Hasley Crawford Stadium









 

No comments: